Black Folded Paper Furoshiki
Based on the Japanese art of origami, this design depicts a folded piece of paper, exploring three dimensionality through line and pattern. At first glance, a quarter of folded furoshiki appears to be decorated with nothing more than bold stripes, but viewed as a whole, it transforms into an intricate and three-dimensional trompe l'oeil.
- Designer: Lucinda Newton-Dunn
- Dimensions: 90 × 90 cm (35.4 × 35.4")
- 100% cotton (soft lightweight weave)
- 2 color silkscreen print
- Handmade in Japan by Link Collective
- This item ships separately from Japan
Based in Tokyo, Link Collective brings together artists and designers from around the world to create beautiful furoshiki textiles, hand-printed and sewn in Japan by a family business with over 50 years of experience. Go on a virtual tour of their studio.