Black Folded Paper Furoshiki
Based on the Japanese art of origami, this design depicts a folded piece of paper, exploring three dimensionality through line and pattern. At first glance, a quarter of folded furoshiki appears to be decorated with nothing more than bold stripes, but viewed as a whole, it transforms into an intricate and three-dimensional trompe l'oeil.
- Designer: Lucinda Newton-Dunn
- Dimensions: 90 × 90 cm (35.4 × 35.4")
- 100% cotton (soft lightweight weave)
- 2 color silkscreen print (ecru & black)
- Handmade in Japan by Link Collective
- Item ships separately from Japan. Displayed price includes cost of shipping
Based in Tokyo, Link Collective brings together artists and designers from around the world to create beautiful furoshiki textiles, hand-printed and sewn in Japan by a family business with over 50 years of experience. Go on a virtual tour of their studio.