Farewell My Tokyo are a series of framed artistic images created by designer Megumi Takami, who wanted to memorialize the essence of Tokyo for anyone who wants to keep a reminder of its colorful street signs, cozy neighborhoods, town landscapes, modern architectures and cultural landmarks.
Each image is made from a unique Japanese paper known as pachika, developed by paper company Takeo. The characteristics of the paper are such that when heated, the surface turns transparent. Takami works with a small group of skilled craftsmen who utilize a heat press to create each embossed image by hand. Pigment is then applied to emphasize certain areas of each print.
Golden-gai is a mismatched collection of roughly 200 bars and eateries that line alleyways in a darkened corner of Shinjuku. On of the last-remaining relics of post-war Japan, golden-gai is an architectural wonder, as well as a symbol of nostalgic nightlife.
- Designer: Megumi Takami (Ciaolink)
- Picture Size / 8.3 in x 5.8 in (210mm x 148mm)
- Frame Size / 15 in x 11.8 in (380mm x 300mm)
- Materials: Pachika paper, pigment, wood, glass
- Frame included
- Item ships separately from Japan. Displayed price includes cost of shipping.