Farewell My Tokyo are a series of framed artistic images created by designer Megumi Takami, who wanted to memorialize the essence of Tokyo for anyone who wants to keep a reminder of its colorful street signs, cozy neighborhoods, town landscapes, modern architectures and cultural landmarks.
Each image is made from a unique Japanese paper known as pachika, developed by paper company Takeo. The characteristics of the paper are such that when heated, the surface turns transparent. Takami works with a small group of skilled craftsmen who utilize a heat press to create each embossed image by hand. Pigment is then applied to emphasize certain areas of each print.
NOTE: With the purchase of this print, you can also order Tokyo Stickers.
Often referred to as the world's busiest crosswalk, thousands of pedestrians scramble across Tokyo's Shibuya Crossing daily. At peak times, the hypnotic pace of interchanging traffic and pedestrians can seem like a mesmerizing waltz.
- Designer: Megumi Takami (Ciaolink)
- Picture Size / 13.8 in x 9.3 in (350mm x 235mm)
- Frame Size / 20.5 in x 15.4 in (520mm x 390mm)
- Materials: Pachika paper, pigment, wood, glass
- Frame included
- Item ships separately from Japan. Displayed price includes cost of shipping.