Shinji Tsuchimochi's Art Book: UKIYO
The floating worlds of contemporary Japan
Shinji Tsuchimochi is a Tokyo-based illustrator who creates unique views of Tokyo and Japan, inspired by ukiyo-e but produced with a modern sense of whimsy and surrealism.
His art book UKIYO is a compilation of old and new work, and includes his masterpiece 100 Views of Tokyo, an ambitious 3-year project created in the vein of ukiyo-e master Utagawa Hiroshige. Ukiyo-e literally means “pictures of the floating world." Shinji Tsuchimochi's Tokyo is one that the edo painters never knew, but is a floating world that is worth commemorating.
The bilingual book is in English and Japanese, allowing more people to discover all of Tsuchimochi’s views of Japan.
- Illustrator: Shinji Tsuchimochi
- Size: 7.2 x 10.1 in (182 x 257 mm)
- Full color (144 pages)
- Printed in Japan by Shikaku Publishing Company
- Price includes shipping from Japan
- Includes free, limited edition poster